Today, I have my first card of 2019! I hope you enjoy.
After the holidays, many people like to send cards to say ‘thank you’. So I have an idea that I hope will inspire you.
This is the first time I have tried this ‘technique’- using alcohol markers over distress oxide ink.
First, I used my craft mat to put down my colours of ink. I used Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves.
I added some water to make the ink more like paint. I took my card stock which is about 300gsm, and placed it into the ink. It is important to make sure each layer is dry, if you don’t want the colours to mix, and see all the layers of colour.
I am using Altenew’s Smile More to create my main focal point.
I stamped the flowers on masking paper and cut them out. I used them to work out my design, and then stamped them out with Memento Tuxedo black dye ink.
To make the flowers pop, I took out markers I recently purchased, from Altenew. I bought the Red Cosmos 4 pack to test them out.
I really like them and the brush tip is really nice.
I used Frosty pink and Coral Berry for the flowers; Ruby Red and Grapevine for the leaves.
To create some further interest, I used Altenew’s Ink Spray in white and sprayed over the panel.
To complete the project, I added the sentiment using the Honey Bee ‘Thanks’ die. I just used the word die, without the outline.
I die cut three pieces, in black card and stacked them together, to make them stronger. Using Tombow Multi Adhesive glue to attach it to bottom of the panel.
Attaching the panel using my adhesive roller, to the card base measuring 5×7″, completes my card project for today.
Thank you for joining me today. See you next time.