I was so inspired with my card last week, that I thought I would make another card using the Altenew Smile More stamp set, with Distress Oxide– but in a slightly different way.
This is the background I made using the grid stencil from Altenew and my oxides. I used a mini blending tool and added each colour in a gradient. I used three colours- Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China and Festive Berries. Using the primary colours I was able to create other colours and different shades.
To create some more interest, I flicked some water, to get the ink to oxidise. Then I used a new to me product- Altenew Ink Spray, in white to flick over the panel.
Next, I am only going to use one flower from the Smile More stamp set, with the stems- to stretch my creativity. I’ve made a few masks to allow me to create a realistic looking bunch of flowers.
I used my spectrum noir markers, to colour the flowers. The colours I chose are CT1, CT2 for the leaves and TN2 for the centre.
The pigment in the distress oxide seem to allow the alcohol ink to mix better. It’s great for this technique.
I made this a thank you card, using the Thanks die from Honey Bee Stamps.
I cut the outline layer from vellum and then the word from black card. Layering the pieces together with mono multi adhesive.
I then finished the panel, attaching the sentiment, being careful not to get any adhesive on the vellum, as it will show through. I layered the whole piece on a piece of black card stock , and then on to a 6×6 white card base.
To be completely honest, I’m not happy with this project. I think the distress colours I chose were too strong, and then coloured the flowers in yellow. It all started off so promising… 🤷🏾♀️
If you enjoyed this post and have a comment, please feel free to like and leave one below.
See you next time,